This paper mainly introduces how to use BLE Sensors Tag combined with Science Journal App which is provide by Google to achieve real-time monitoring of sensor data. Through the monitoring of surrounding sensing data, readers can understand the physical world around them by data, open the door to explore science.
- An Android Mobile Phone with Science Journal App
- BLE sensors tag provide by LinkSprite company and some matching USB download cable and DuPont line
BLE sensors tag firmware download and hardware connection instructions.
This section mainly introduces firmware download of BLE sensors tag and the connection of external light intensity sensor, the detailed description of comes sensor of BLE sensor tag can refer to:
(1) Connect the usb port of the BLE sensor tag to computers
(2) After connecting the computer will automatically find our JLINK disc
(3) Open JLINK disc, drag the hex file previously downloaded directly to the disc directory, then the letter will automatically disappear for burning program, when the letter appears again in the computer, that the firmware has been downloaded successfully.
The connection introduction of light intensity sensor:
The following left figure shows main pin diagram of BLE sensors tag, the light figure shows intensity sensor we provide.
The VCC (3V) and GND of the light intensity sensor are connected to the BLE sensors tag in turn with Dupont Line, the SIG port of the light intensity sensor is connected to the P0.01 of BLE sensors tag , and the connection of the external light intensity sensor is completed.
This section will be based on light intensity sensor, temperature atmospheric pressure sensor
, gravity acceleration sensor provide by the BLE sensors tag combined with Journal App Science, to take you to explore the physical world around us.
First determine that your Android phone has been installed Google Science Journal App, BLE sensors tag has also downloaded the firmware.
Then open the App, after enter the main interface, it will default display the data of the mobile phone comes with a light intensity sensor, we need to add an external Bluetooth device to show the sensor data of external devices, click “Add peripherals Icon” on the upper right corner of the App, it will display the device name that we use as shown in figure 1, we choose the “BLE-mbed” device, click on connect.
App will show that we have to select the type of sensor data, we select Custom to complete our next data monitoring of sensors. App according to our choice of the pin to determine the sensor we choose.
1 .Data monitoring of light intensity sensor
(1) select A0 in the pin, as shown below, do not check the Frequency, because we are not monitoring the frequency of data, after completing the settings, click OK.
(2)To return to the main interface, click the Bluetooth icon in the sensor bar, and display the intensity level data from 0-65535. Click the waveform icon It can display the light intensity level variation waveform diagram
This completes our exploration of light intensity data.
2. Data monitoring of temperature atmospheric pressure sensor.
(1) The difference between temperature and atmospheric pressure data monitoring and light intensity sensor data monitoring is set different pin, set A1 to pin is the temperature data, set pin to A2 is atmospheric pressure data, the specific settings can refer to 2.1. After setting, we can observe the change data of indoor temperature from the App, and the change of atmospheric pressure in the room.
3.Data monitoring of gravity acceleration sensor
Select pin for A3 is the X axis acceleration change, select pin for A4 is Y axis acceleration change, select pin for A5 is Z axis acceleration change.
When we move the target board along the X axis, we see a significant change in the data.
When we move the target board along the Y axis, we see a significant change in the data.
When we move the target board along the Z axis, we see a significant change in the data.
4. Recording of experimental observation data
This section takes the light intensity data as an example, and introduces how to use App to record the experiment data.
(1) when we monitor a sensor data, you can click on the red button at the bottom of the App to start recording an experimental data. Click on the cray button at the bottom of the APP to end an experiment record.
(2) Eventually it will automatically generate a data chart of experimental record, this can be used to analyze the trend of data change of the selected sensor.
5.Expansion: using light intensity sensor to achieve monitoring of rotational speed
This section describes how to use light intensity sensor to achieve monitoring of rotational speed, as shown in Figure 2.4.1 , the light intensity sensor is stacked in a simple speed measurement device , the measurement device is mainly composed of two small round cardboard, A leakage of photosensitive resistance head from the below wafer, A leakage of sector of the aperture a from above wafer, and fix the shaft with the above wafer, when the above wafer follow the rotary shaft to rotate., specific speed data will display on speed test interface.
Specific speed measurement device production can refer to:
Next, we will introduce the monitoring of rotational speed:
(1) Open App, connect to our external Bluetooth device, and enter the settings, select the Sensors type: Rotation, click OK.
(2) Return to the main interface, we will see that the rotating speed is 0 in different rotating shaft.
(3) When we rotate the rotating shaft, we can clearly see the speed change, we also recorded the experimental data of the speed change at a period of time.
Google Science Journal
NRF51822 Science Journal
Recently, we have developed an open source infrared remote controller which includes LinkNode D1 and Infrared shield. Users can take this remote controller and android APP to control home appliances like TV, air conditioner which can replace the IR controller.Features LinkNode D1Infrared ShieldConnecting to LinkSpriteIO IoT cloud serverLearning Infrared encodingTutorial1. PrerequisitesHardware LinkNode D1 x 1Infrared Shield x [...]
LinkSpriteIO provides an IOT server platform to control things. LinkNode is a WiFi board that is compatible with Arduino programming. In this tutorial, we show how to program the LinkSpriteIO and LinkNode so that we can remotely control the servo that is attached to LinkNode.This tutorial uses the following parts: LinkNode D1 x1Servo x1Jumper Wire [...]
LinkSprite released a family of zigbee sensors for home automation and a zigbee gateway module to control these sensors.In this tutorial, we show how to use pcDuino8 Uno or 96 boards with the zigbee gateway module to work as a zigbee gateway.Create a device on linksprite.io:(1) Login to http://www.linksprite.io/signup to register for an account, [...]
There is no source of linux-headers for pcDuino8 Uno, so it not easy to compile an kernel module for pcDuino8 uno. But before several days ago, LinkSprite releasedkernel source for pcDuino8 Uno, now it can get the Linux headers from this kernel source.Required pcDuino8 UnoHost PC: Ubuntu 14.04(X86)Kernel source https://github.com/pcduino/pcduino8-uno-kernelSteps1. Prepare source codeDownload the source code from [...]
IntroductionLinkNode D1 is Arduino-compatible WiFi development board which is powered by the high integrated WiFi chip ESP-8266EX.Thanks for the contribution from open source community who have developed Arduino core for ESP8266, this let Aduino IDE program LinkNode D1 without any change. At the same time, LinkNode D1 has Arduino-compatible pin out which make it very [...]
Long Range UHF RFID Reader is an important way to read information and input information. Automatic identification technology has been developed in recent years. Now it is a new high technology which includes barcode technology, magnetic strip (card) technology, RF technology, optical character recognition technology, and biological recognition, distance Card Reader and etc.In normal case, [...]
Virtual reality is pretty big recently. In this post, we show how to do pano 360 degree virtual reality photo shot with pcDuino8 Uno.Before we do that, we first need to make a camera rig from the fish eye cameras, and fix it to a tripod.Insert these three USB cameras to pcDuino8 Uno using a [...]
CuteDigi has a 16-channel plug and play P2P WiFi relay kit. In this post, we show how to set it up.Before we use it, we need to install the WiFi antenna as below:Plug in the power supply and move the switch to ON position. The WiFi plug and play relay will boot into an [...]
FFMPEG is the great tool if you want to deal with video. In this tutorial, we show how to install this complicated tool on pcDuino8 Uno, Install H264 Support:Enter the following commands: ?123456$cd home/linaro$git clone git://git.videolan.org/x264$cd x264$./configure --host=arm-unknown-linux-gnueabi --enable-static --disable-opencl$make$sudo make install Install AAC Support:This step is optional. But as we will use ffmpeg to capture [...]